Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Corn Picking No More

Today we went to Melrose, NY (near Albany) and bought a corn picker. That means I won't have to pick by hand anymore! It is tractor drawn but 25-30 years old. Seems to run good. George can't wait for the snow to drop so he can try it. It was wider than the trailer so they loaded it with one wheel hanging off the side of the trailer. Thankfully, our trip was uneventful. It rained almost all day and seemed to rain the hardest while they were loading. I sat in the drivers seat so I could back the trailer under the picker when told to do so! That was the best seat to have under the circumstances.

Star is still continuing to bag up but no waxing of the teats yet. Hopefully not much longer. My camera is ready...just hope she doesn't wait until I leave for a few minutes. I had a donkey do that one time. I kept checking her and watching her with the binoculars. She was acting perfectly normal so I ran into town and was gone for less than an hour. When I came home I looked with the binoculars and she seemed to be preoccupied with something on the ground. Sure enough, she had her baby in that little bit of time. They can't be trusted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment