Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Star

Still no foal! Star is soooo uncomfortable. Her udder is huge and she looks like she is walking bowlegged! She spends the day outside and nights inside to keep her stall cleaner. I will post a pic of her tomorrow unless I have a video!!

We tried out the "new" old corn picker today. It does a good job. Something happened though and the chain jumped off the gears. George worked on it this afternoon but it still isn't fixed yet. Sure beats picking by hand.

I started to clean the chicken coop today and will work on it tomorrrow. That is a dirty job as it hasn't been cleaned since last fall. Will make great compost and fertilizer for the gardens. I put manure in the flower gardens and the flowers are beautiful. They love the manure. Chicken manure is stronger than the goat manure so if I use it full strength I usually use the goat but will use chicken if it isn't too close to the plants.

Will keep updated 'bout Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment